free_hp_slateA father is reportedly planning to sue HP after his baby daughter was burnt by a HP laptop power cable. reported that Joe Degravio from Stockton California left his eight month old daughter Isabella on the floor for five minutes while he left for the kitchen.

When he returned he was stunned to find a third degree burn the size of a gold ball on her right ankle. In an interview with News10, Mr Degravio said that his daughter rolled onto the power cable box connected to an HP laptop which caused the burn.

He said, “We felt it got stove-top hot. It was really, really hot. Not enough to give us third-degree burns as an adult, but hot enough to burn an infant or a child. It did some damage to her.” Mr Degravio’s daughter needed skin graft surgery in the hospital after the incident.

He has filed a lawsuit against HP and is wanting to raise awareness for other parents. HP declined to comment over the incident.

By rjcool

I am a geek who likes to talk tech and talk sciences. I work with computers (obviously) and make a living.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *